10 Online Resources to Practice Jiu-Jitsu During Quarantine
Experts are saying that social distancing is the most effective way to control the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Because of this, most of the world is attempting to work, learn and resume normal lives from home. But with gyms being one of the first types of business to shut down, jiu-jitsu and fitness fanatics are unable to get their usual fix.
In an attempt to battle the inevitable boredom that has set in for most already, dozens of jiu-jitsu organizations have begun to offer their services online. Here is a curated list of the 10 best online resources offering virtual jiu-jitsu classes for little to no cost. Remember: It is recommended that those in isolation continue, or begin, to exercise as a way to take care of not only their physical but mental health.
- Renzo Gracie Online Academy – One Month Free. The 6th- degree-black belt in jiu-jitsu under Carlos Gracie Jr. is offering more than 500 online lessons on his website.
- Trapp Elite Instruction – One Month Free. Black belt holders Gutemberg Pereira, Denilson Pimenta and Guilherme Cordiviola united themselves due to the coronavirus, and are now offering a free month of jiu-jitsu lessons so people don’t lose focus on training.
- Lucas Lepri Online – Free until March 29. With the doors of his academy closed, six-time Black Belt World Champion, Lucas Lepri is offering all his online lessons for free until March 29th.
- Caio Terra Online – Two Weeks Free. On his instructional webpage, the 12-time World Champion Caio Terra, is offering two free weeks of his online lessons.
- Art of Jiu Jitsu – One Month Free. World Champions Rafael and Guilherme Mendes are offering one free month of their online training programs, and free Jiu-Jitsu lessons via Instagram live. Follow them at @MendesBros.
- Gracie University – Free. Gracie University, led by Ryron and Rener Gracie want to ensure that you can continue training. During these hard times, all individual purchases of their courses and lessons are 20 percent off. They are also offering a few free lessons on their website.
- Keenan Cornelius Online – Free. Cornelius is streaming free live classes from his academy Legion HQ to help everyone stay sane during this Jiu-Jitsu withdrawal.
- Marcelo Garcia Jiu-Jitsu – Free. With his academy temporarily closed, the five-time World Champion and four-time ADCC Champion, Marcelo Garcia, is offering all fundamental and advanced lessons for free on his website. He is also sharing some educational material on his Instagram account. Follow him at @MarceloGarciaJiuJitsu.
- Braulio Estima – Free. The several-time ADCC World Champion, Braulio Estima, is teaching free live classes on the “Gracie Barra London Ontario” Facebook page. On his Instagram, Braulio reminds us that social distancing does not mean social isolation and is asking people to stay connected, active, and improving.
- Carlos Machado – Free. For over 50 years, Master Carlos Machado has dedicated himself to the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Now, he is sharing that knowledge by offering advice, techniques and experiences for free on his Facebook and YouTube pages.
And as a bonus, you can always check out our YouTube channel and sift through this site to add some tweaks to your game.