Everyone reacts to training and life differently. Training, workouts, work, family, and other life stresses have an effect on all of us. Your specific situation will determine the methods used for recovering between sessions and leading up to competition.
If you are feeling irritable, restless, not sleeping well, and stressed out…you might want to try:
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine, pre-workout, etc
- Try taking some B-Vitamins
- Cold showers in the morning
- Light, low intensity skill or conditioning work
If you are feeling fatigued, tired, not able to sleep, have a low libido, decreased motivation or similar, you may want to try:
- Eating more healthy proteins and fats
- Taking more Vitamin C
- Using Contrast Showers – 3 minutes HOT, 1 minute COLD, for 3 rounds
- Dry Sauna, alternated with short, cold shower rinse
Intense, deep tissue massage
Over time, you will learn how your body responds and hopefully develop a routine that works for you. Training, workouts, nutrition, and recovery will all improve over time, and you’ll know exactly what you need to do leading up to a big event. That way, you can relax and focus on the task at hand… performing well and enjoying the experience.